Hold onto your whisk, folks! The other day, I found myself knee-deep in a rare moment of quiet. Both kids were miraculously entertained without my assistance (what sorcery is this?), and my bustling New York City surroundings seemed to pause. It was one of those slow, mindful moments that just leaves you feeling recharged. Why don’t we embrace more of these moments, anyway? It’s like leaving your phone on 1% battery and ignoring the charger right in front of you (just New York things, right?).
But then, it dawned on me – we can incorporate this sense of slow living into our cooking too! After all, who said mindful moments couldn’t double as drool-worthy bites? So, my dear friends, let’s immerse ourselves in a sensory and mindful experience with this lip-smacking Peach Salsa Recipe with Mango. Perfect for both a laidback afternoon and injecting some offbeat flavors into the usual dinner fare.
Read on to discover how to make this scrumptious yet restorative Peach and Mango salsa that will surely transport your taste buds to a state of utter Zen – because serenity never tasted this delicious. Dive into this easy-peasy recipe and soak up every moment of calm kitchen time. Your senses (and Instagram feeds) will thank you.
- Mango – A delicious sweet and juicy touch to the salsa, providing vitamins A and C. Can use frozen if fresh is unavailable.
- Peach – A sweet burst of flavor that can be substituted with nectarines or apricots if peaches are not in season.
- Jalapeno – Adds heat to the salsa, substitute with a bell pepper or omit for a milder flavor.
- Red onion – Adds crunch and a subtle onion flavor, can be substituted with green onion or chives for a milder taste.
- Cilantro – A fresh herbaceous aroma, can be substituted with parsley or basil for those who don’t like cilantro.
- Lime juice – A tangy flavor to the salsa.
- Salt and pepper – Balances the flavor and brings out the flavors.
- Roma tomato – Adds juicy texture to the salsa.
- First things first, let’s chop up our ingredients. We’ll be dicing up a small mango, a peach, a jalapeno, a red onion, and a small Roma tomato. Now, if you can’t find a jalapeno, feel free to use a serrano pepper instead. And, if you’re feeling fancy, you can even use a mixture of both! Just make sure to remove the seeds and veins from the pepper if you want it to be less spicy.
- Once our fruit and veggies are chopped up, finely chop up some cilantro. This step may be a bit tedious, but trust me, it’ll be worth it in the end.
- Now, we’re going to add our chopped ingredients to a bowl, add in a tablespoon of lime juice, a quarter teaspoon of salt, and a quarter teaspoon of pepper. Mix everything together until it’s well combined.
Serving Suggestions for Peach Mango Salsa
This Peach Mango Salsa recipe is the perfect addition to your next BBQ or Mexican-themed dinner party. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it’s also a healthier alternative to store-bought salsa. Here are some suggestions on how to enjoy this delicious salsa:
- Serve it with chips! Ditch the store-bought stuff and opt for this fresh and fruity salsa instead. Perfect for dipping, munching, and snacking.
- Top your tacos! This salsa is the perfect topping for your favorite tacos, whether it’s chicken, steak, or fish tacos. A little squeeze of lime, and you’ve got yourself a fiesta in your mouth.
- Add it to your burrito bowl! Looking for a healthy lunch option? Add some Peach Mango Salsa to your burrito bowl for a delicious twist on your usual grain bowl.
- Use it as a salad dressing! This salsa doubles as a delicious salad dressing. Toss it with some greens, cherry tomatoes, and avocado for a tasty and refreshing salad.
- Make it into a salsa chicken! Marinate some chicken breasts in this salsa, then grill or bake for a delicious and healthy dinner option.
Did you know that mangoes are known as the “king of fruits?” They’re rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins A and C. So, not only is this salsa delicious, but it’s also good for you!
Can I use a different kind of fruit in this Peach Mango Salsa recipe?
Sure thing! This recipe is pretty versatile when it comes to the fruit. You could try using apricots, pineapples, or even strawberries if you’re feeling adventurous. Just make sure to adjust the amount of lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
How long will this Peach Mango Salsa last in the fridge?
According to the recipe, you can store it for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. But let’s be real, it’s so delicious it probably won’t last that long. But, if you’re looking to make a big batch for a party or get-together, you can definitely make it ahead of time.
Is there a way to make this Peach Mango Salsa recipe vegan?
The recipe as written is vegan, but you can make a few substitutions to make it even more so. For example, instead of using regular lime juice, you can use a vegan alternative like apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. Also, you can use a vegan mayo or yogurt to make it more creamy.
How spicy is this Peach Mango Salsa?
The recipe calls for ½ a jalapeno pepper, so it has a bit of a kick. If you’re sensitive to spicy food, you can always remove the seeds and ribs from the pepper before dicing it to make it less spicy. Or you could use a milder pepper like a poblano instead. But if you’re a spicy food lover, you can always add more jalapeno to your liking!
Can I use cilantro substitutes in this recipe?
Of course! While cilantro adds a unique flavor to this Peach Mango Salsa, it’s totally okay to use other herbs instead. Some alternatives include parsley, mint, or basil. You can also use a combination of herbs to make the salsa unique and delicious. Just use your taste and imagination!
Peach and Mango Salsa
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small Roma tomato, diced
- Prepare all ingredients as instructed above.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced peaches, mangoes, jalapeno, red onion, tomato, and cilantro.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl, and gently stir everything together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Add more salt, pepper, or lime juice as desired to balance the flavors.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the salsa with chips, tacos, grilled meats, or as a topping for salads.
For a spicier salsa, leave the seeds in the jalapeno or use a hotter pepper, such as a serrano.
For a sweeter salsa, add a pinch of sugar or honey.
For a creamier texture, add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt to the salsa before serving.