Can you believe that fog horns make my heart sing and I crave the misty mornings? Today in New York, it was one of those perfect foggy mornings which called for something to warm up the old bones. Don’t worry; we’ll spin that chicken recipe magic soon.
Oh, the chaos of getting the kids ready for school during that thick mist! Honestly, I believe that only moms with superhuman multitasking skills can survive mornings like these. And, of course, just when you think you’ve got it all together, one of them drops their homework in a puddle. Marvelous. The icing on the cake.
Speaking of cake and children, lately, my kids have been obsessed with dipping sauces. They try to smother everything in various sauces, from breakfast eggs to evening veggies. If they could, they’d probably brush their teeth with barbecue sauce. So in the spirit of my kiddos’ wacky food-dunking craze, I decided to create a sauce specifically tailored for their chicken-based dipping desires.
The Chicken Dipping Sauce that I have for you today is both simple and flavorful—a real life-saver for busy days with foggy mornings. So, if you’re battling the morning mist and coordinating chaotic commutes or managing a household full of sauce enthusiasts, read on for the recipe that will make your life a little easier and keep your tribe’s taste buds happy.
- Mayonnaise – The creamy base of the sauce, adding a rich and tangy flavor.
- Yellow mustard – Brings the sauce together and provides a little kick.
- Barbecue sauce – Provides a smoky and sweet flavor to the sauce.
- Honey – A natural sweetener to balance out the tangy and spicy flavors.
- Garlic powder – Adds a hint of savory and earthy flavor and enhances the other ingredients.
- So you want to make the delicious and iconic dipping sauce from Chick-fil-A at home, eh? Well, you’re in luck! This recipe is quick and easy, and only requires a few simple ingredients.
- First, grab yourself a bowl, and toss in about a quarter cup of mayonnaise, a teaspoon of yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce, a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Now, mix all the ingredients together thoroughly, until it’s creamy and smooth. And that’s it! Your sauce is ready to be served. But you know what they say, if you’re feeling fancy, you could also try using vegan mayo or even Greek yogurt as an alternative. And if you want to make it a bit more savory, you could add a tiny pinch of cayenne or black pepper.
- Serve it with your next BBQ party or even with some fries for a quick and easy dipping sauce. And trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Dipping Sauce
- The classic way to enjoy this sauce is with some crispy fried chicken! Dip those tenders or nuggets in the sauce for a taste that’ll take you straight to the drive-thru.
- Make your own Chick-fil-A style sandwich at home by spreading the sauce on a toasted bun and piling on some grilled chicken, pickles, and lettuce. Yum!
- This sauce is also great for dipping veggies in. Carrots, celery, and bell peppers would all be great options.
- Don’t stop at just dipping! Use this sauce as a topping for burgers, hot dogs, or even as a dressing for salads.
- For a fun twist, try using this sauce as a marinade for grilled chicken or shrimp. You won’t be disappointed!
- Did you know that this sauce is similar to a honey mustard dressing? Use it as a dressing for your next pasta or potato salad, or drizzle it over some greens for a quick and easy salad.
So, whether you’re looking for a classic dip or a new twist on an old favorite, this sauce has got you covered!
Can I use a different type of mustard for this recipe?
Sure thing! You can use dijon mustard or even spicy mustard for a kick of heat. Just keep in mind that it may change the overall flavor a bit.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Definitely! You can use a vegan mayo alternative and swap out the honey for a vegan sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar.
Can I make this recipe in bulk?
Absolutely! Just increase the ingredients accordingly, and feel free to double or even triple the recipe. It’s perfect for big parties or for stocking up on in your fridge for the week.
Can I add any other ingredients to the recipe?
Of course! You can add a pinch of smoked paprika for some smokiness, or a splash of hot sauce for a little extra heat. Get creative and make it your own!
How long does this recipe last in the fridge?
This recipe should last about a week in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. But let’s be real, it’s so good that it’s unlikely to last that long!
Chicken Dipping Sauce
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup of high-quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite artisanal barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly minced garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, barbecue sauce, raw honey, and freshly minced garlic.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Whisk the sauce thoroughly until it is smooth and creamy.
- Let the sauce rest for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve your Gourmet Chicken Dipping Sauce immediately with your favorite chicken dishes, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For a spicier version of the sauce, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce.
You can also add 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice for a tangier flavor.