Ever felt like you’re stuck on an infinite roller coaster of chores, alarms, and to-do lists that even Hollywood’s top plot-thickeners couldn’t make up? Join the club! It’s time we hit the pause button on this treadmill of life and revisit our self-care shenanigans. Because, honestly, what keeps us human and slightly less frazzled are those marvelous micro-morsels of “me time.”
As I was engaged in my daily self-pampering ritual — lighting candles that smelled like fields I’ll never frolic in, serenading my ears with Norah Jones, and half-heartedly attempting meditation (emphasis on “attempting,” like a yogi with training wheels) — I discovered pure bliss delivered in a velvety, tangy bath of glory: Fry Sauce.
Let me tell you, the moment this epiphany struck, my self-care meter shot through the roof, high fiving the ozone layer on the way up. What does it for me? If you must know, it’s a sauce so good that it rivals Ryan Gosling’s abs. Oh yes, I’m talking about the grand indulgence that is Fry Sauce.
Join me on this drool-worthy adventure, as I guide you through the mouthwatering world of Fry Sauce, so scrumptious, if any snack could feel FOMO, this would be the cause. It’s bound to add a splash of sass and spice to your self-care groove. After valiantly battling those indestructible to-do lists (even if a few items persist, playing dead), don’t we deserve a saucy reward? Of course we do! Kick back, relax, and prepare to embark on a fantastic Fry Sauce odyssey, sans spa or Norah Jones (unless you’re feeling extra fancy, in which case, bring them on!).
- Mayonnaise – The creamy base for the sauce, adds silky tangy flavor.
- Ketchup – A classic companion to fries, adds sweetness to the sauce.
- Sriracha – Adds heat and depth of flavor, not too spicy but enough to give it a kick.
- Worcestershire sauce – A savory and umami-packed condiment that rounds out the flavors.
- Himalayan sea salt – A mineral-rich seasoning that adds flavor to the sauce.
- Red pepper flakes – Adds heat and a pop of color to the sauce.
- Paprika – A flavorful spice that adds a smoky and earthy flavor.
Note: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and stir before serving.
- Start off by grabbing a bowl and a spoon. In the bowl, mix together 1 cup of mayonnaise, ¼ cup of ketchup, 1 tablespoon of sriracha and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Now, add in some spices to give it some extra flavor. Add 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt, and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Stir everything together until it is well blended.
- Serve and enjoy! This sauce is perfect for dipping your french fries, chicken tenders, or even as a spread on your sandwiches.
- If you’re not going to use it all at once, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Don’t forget to give it a good stir before serving.
- If you don’t have mayonnaise on hand or looking for a healthier alternative, you can use Greek yogurt or sour cream. Same goes for ketchup, you can use BBQ sauce or even chili sauce as a replacement. Get creative and have fun with it!
Serving Suggestions for Amazing Fry Sauce
This delicious fry sauce is perfect for dipping your favorite French fries in or spreading on your burger. Here are some serving suggestions to make the most out of this amazing sauce:
- Fry it up: Dunk your crispy French fries into the sauce for an extra burst of flavor. This sauce pairs perfectly with a side of golden, crispy fries.
- Burger it up: Spread some of this sauce on your next burger for a tangy twist on a classic favorite. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using it as a topping for your next grilled cheese sandwich.
- Veggie it up: Carrots, celery, and cucumbers are great dippers for this sauce. Cut up some veggies, put them on a platter, and serve with the sauce for a fun and healthy snack option.
- Party it up: This sauce makes a great dip for party platters. Offer it up with wings, chicken nuggets, or even as a dip for fried mozzarella sticks.
- Store it: Store any leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Give it a quick stir before serving to ensure that the flavors are evenly distributed.
Enjoy your Amazing Fry Sauce with these serving suggestions and don’t forget to share the love!
What can I use instead of mayo in this recipe?
You could swap in some sour cream or yogurt for a tangy twist, or even some avocado for a healthier option.
Is this recipe vegan-friendly?
This recipe calls for mayonnaise which is typically made with eggs, so unfortunately it’s not vegan-friendly as is. But you could try using a vegan mayo substitute to make it work for your dietary needs.
Can I make this sauce in advance?
Absolutely! In fact, it’s actually recommended to store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days, and give it a stir before serving.
Can I adjust the heat level of this sauce?
Definitely! You can always add more or less red pepper flakes to suit your taste preferences. If you want it spicier you can add more sriracha sauce or chili powder.
What other types of dishes can I use this fry sauce with?
This Amazing Fry Sauce pairs perfectly with fries as the name suggests, but it also great as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, vegetables, onion rings, you can even drizzle it over your burger.
- 1 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon high-quality Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup high-quality mayonnaise, 1/4 cup organic ketchup, 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, and 1 tablespoon high-quality Worcestershire sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and mix again.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Transfer the sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with your favorite fries and enjoy!
Feel free to adjust the heat level to your liking by adding more or less red pepper flakes.